Position title: Managing Director & Chief Occupational Therapist
Office phone: (08) 8331 0566
Geographical areas covered (OT only): Metropolitan Adelaide and Adelaide Hills. Other areas by negotiation.
As co-owner with the Director, I am responsible for the overall financial and operational performance of Living to the Max in line with the strategic direction of the business.
I also oversee the quality of our clinical services to ensure the ongoing satisfaction of clients and referrers. This includes:
- Quality control to ensure reports and clinical recommendations meet client needs and meet evidence-based practice standards
- Implementing quality systems and processes to support our clinical services
- Establishing key quality metrics to measure and report on the quality of our clinical services
- Leading initiatives in staff well-being and self-care to enable staff to be the best version of themselves in assisting others
I am also responsible for the portfolio of postural evaluation and wheelchair assessment and prescription. This involves keeping abreast of the latest evidence-based research, maintaining resources and templates and providing clinical training and support to clinical staff.
I completed my Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) at Charles Sturt University in 1997. I then worked in regional community based aged care, hand therapy, community based visual impairment services, rehabilitation in the home, acute general medical and as a Senior OT in neurological and orthopaedic rehabilitation.
In 2000, after relocating to South Australia, I took up the role as Senior OT and the Manager of Therapy Services at the Independent Living Centre, Disability SA before transferring to the private sector in 2007.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE:
Over my career, I have developed a passion for providing adult disability services, specialising in disability access and home modification design, functional capacity assessments, postural evaluation, pressure care and wheelchair and seating prescription. I thrive on finding solutions for people living with complex disabilities to enable them to achieve maximum function and comfort.
Once a client’s function is established, exploration of rehabilitation potential is paramount and where this is not possible, assistive technology that can provide a compensatory means to achieving maximum independence and function is explored. I thrive on the challenge of problem solving and identifying appropriate assistive technology options to suit the individual client. This also extends to how the equipment will impact the care team and what additional training they may need to support the use of the equipment, whether this is technical information or manual handling training.
In relation to my clinical expertise, I specialise in:
- Adult and adolescent disability including those with highly complex needs
- Functional capacity assessments, including the Functional
- Independence Measure (FIM)
- Specialised wheelchair assessment and prescription and in-depth postural evaluation
- Pressure care and the prevention of pressure injuries
- Disability access and major home modification design to enhance safety, independence and function (all ages)
- Assisting with equipment implementation and familiarisation in the home environment to enable carers and the individual to manage personal care and daily living tasks
- Medico-legal ADL assessments
Personally, I love to spend time with my husband and 2 teenage boys. I enjoy staying healthy and spending time in the outdoors with my Labrador, Molly. I love my garden and enjoy being creative with a range of different projects and making things.
You choose. In-home, In-clinic or Virtual Appointments Available.
Or call (08) 8331 0566