War veterans

At Living to the Max Occupational Therapy Services, we feel the utmost privilege in providing on-going occupational therapy care for our return service men and women and their partners.   We are specialist providers of occupational therapy services and are proud of our continued association with the veteran community.

Further information can be found through the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA).  We have however attempted to provide you with a short summary of available DVA programs below:

 Rehabilitation Appliance Program (RAP):

DVA’s Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP) provides appliances for self-help and rehabilitation purposes, and surgical aids for home requirements.  These include assistive aids, personal hygiene aids, therapeutic aids, home modifications and falls prevention products.

The aim of the program is to restore or maintain your independence and to minimise disability or dysfunction. The types of appliances available under this program include:

  • Assistive aids such as wheeled walkers, beds (hospital), chairs (high back, lift), lifting hoists, showering or toileting aids, pressure care, powered and manual wheelchairs and mobility scooters
  • Personal hygiene aids including continence products (disposable and re-usable) and bidets
  • Therapeutic aids including compression stockings and upper limb/hand therapy products
  • Home modifications including hand rails and modifications to bathrooms, toilets and home entrances to provide safe and suitable access

As an entitled DVA client, you simply need to discuss with your General Practitioner who can then refer directly to Living to the Max Occupational Therapy Services.  Referrals can also be accepted from Local Medical Officers, discharge planning staff and inpatient Occupational Therapists.

Who is eligible?

All Gold Card holders are eligible for appliances under this Scheme. White Card holders are eligible when the appliance is necessary for the management of an accepted disability.  You can find out more information by reading the RAP factsheet

For those who don’t have a white or gold card, there are services available through either of:

  • Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 (SRCA) or
  • Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004 (MRCA)

For further information about your entitlements, you can contact the Advocacy and Welfare office at RSL SA.  Their details are:

RSL Advocacy and Welfare
ANZAC House, Torrens Training Depot
Victoria Drive, Adelaide
Phone: 8100 7300
Email: advocate@rslsa.org.au

We are extremely proud of our support of the RSL and continue to provide an ongoing financial contribution to our friends at RSL Active.


Further information

Further information can be found on the DVA website using the following links:

Home Services

Counselling and other health services

Occupational therapy services through DVA

We welcome your enquiry to discuss your individual circumstances.  Please contact us here.